USA: GSA has released November/11M statistics from its Global Semiconductor Funding, IPO and M&A Update, including:
* In November 2011, seven semiconductor companies raised $22.2 million, the same amount as October 2011. November’s funding total decreased year-over-year (YoY) at a rate of 73.8 percent (Note: Three semiconductor companies did not disclose funding amounts in November 2011; compared to one in October 2011 and three in November 2010.)
* For the first 11 months of 2011, 79 semiconductor deals raised $988.2 million, a dollar amount decrease of 16.3 percent YoY.
* November saw three semiconductor companies price — Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corp., Intermolecular Inc. and InvenSense Inc.
* In November 2011, the number of semiconductor mergers and acquisitions (M&As) announced (i.e., M&As involving entire fabless, IDM and semiconductor supplier companies, not sectors/product lines or foundry facilities) decreased by two MoM and by eight YoY.
* For the first eleven months of 2011, 98 semiconductor M&A deals were announced, an 8.4 percent decrease YoY.