2012 International CES, HAIFA, ISRAEL: Tangotec Ltd will have a fully compliant ITU-T G.hn chipset family available in 2012. Tangotec’s ITU-T G.hn chipset provides up to 1 Gbit/s over a mix of wires, including powerline, coax and telephone. Tangotec will be demonstrating G.hn over all three media at CES 2012.
G.hn is the ITU-T definition of the next generation home network standard for distribution of Internet Protocol (IP) content across existing AC power lines, coax cables and phone lines. G.hn enables consumers to access, store and share a wide variety of content around the home without having to install new wiring. This includes broadband data, 3D/HD Internet Protocol television (IPTV) programs, video-on-demand (VoD), multi-room 3D/HD DVR recordings, Voice over IP (VoIP), streaming of 3D video, HD video, music, photos and beyond.
Tangotec’s G.hn compliant MAC/PHY & AFE chipset is ideal solution in complete unification of the home wireline network for distributing bandwidth intensive and real-time applications.
“Without a doubt, Tangotec’s ITU-T G.hn edge-technology chipset address the home networking challenge with superior cost-performance” said Ran Dror, Tangotec’s CEO.
Tangotec’s G.hn solution is faster and more reliable than every wired or wireless solution running in consumer households to date, without requiring complicated security & setups. With its high level of performance, Tangotec enables service providers to easily and affordably deliver any IP service they are looking to implement in the coming decade.
Tangotec’s G.hn chipset highlights:
* Global standards-based technology – ITU-T G.hn standard G.9960/1/3/4.
* Supports legacy powerline device on ITU-T G.9972
* PHY rate up to 1 Gbit/s.
* Plug & Play solution – auto configuration; self-install over all three media, including powerline, coax and phoneline.
* Embedded next generation MIMO technology over powerline, thus extending coverage, improving the network’s immunity to noise and delivering a higher throughput.
* Supports both G.hn Domain Master and G.hn endpoint applications.
* Supports bridging, smart repeating, IP-multicast.
* Embedded, TR-069 and TR-111 remote management.
* 128-bit AES security plus ITU-TX.1035 hardware encryption.
* Supports Linux O/S and third party software.
* Supports Plastic Optical Fiber (PoF) applications.
* Co-exists with VDSL2/bonded VDSL2/VDSL/ADSL2+/ADSL2/ADSL, ISDN, POTS, DOCSIS 3.0/2.0/1.0, terrestrial and satellite TV.