GENEVA, SWITZERLAND: STMicroelectronics has announced the main resolutions to be submitted for shareholder approval at the Company's Annual General Meeting which will be held in Amsterdam on May 3, 2011.
The main resolutions, proposed by the Supervisory Board, include:
* The re-appointment of Carlo Bozotti as the sole member of the Managing Board and the company's president and CEO for a three-year term, expiring at the 2014 Annual General Meeting;
* The reappointment for a three-year term, expiring at the 2014 Annual General Meeting, for the following members of the Supervisory Board: Didier Lombard, Tom de Waard and Bruno Steve;
* The appointment of Messrs. Jean d'Arthuys, Jean-Georges Malcor and Alessandro Rivera as new members of the Supervisory Board for a three-year term, expiring at the 2014 Annual General Meeting, in replacement of Antonino Turicchi and Gerald Arbola, whose mandate will expire, and of Didier Lamouche, who resigned in October 2010.
* The approval of the company's 2010 accounts reported in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); and
* The distribution of a cash dividend of $0.40 per share, to be paid in four equal quarterly installments in May, August and December 2011 and February 2012 to shareholders of record in the month of each quarterly payment.
The record date for all shareholders to participate at the Annual General Meeting will be April 5, 2011. The complete agenda and all relevant detailed information concerning the STMicroelectronics N.V. Annual General Meeting, as well as all related AGM materials, will be available on the company's web site and made available to shareholders in compliance with legal requirements.