USA: GSA has released September/Q3/9M Statistics from its Global Semiconductor Funding, IPO and M&A Update, including:
* In September 2011, 12 semiconductor companies raised $121.3 million, up 85.8 percent from the $65.3 million raised in August 2011.
* For the first nine months of 2011, 68 semiconductor deals raised $943.8 million, a dollar amount decrease of 7.1 percent YoY.
* In Q3 2011, 22 semiconductor companies raised $268.2 million, a dollar amount increase of 7.9 percent over Q2 2011 and 26.6 percent over Q3 2010.
* On September 13th, fabless semiconductor company Parade Technologies announced that public trading of its shares would begin as a result of the company’s initial public offering on Taiwan’s GreTai Securities Market.
* In September 2011, the number of semiconductor mergers and acquisitions (M&As) announced (i.e., M&As of entire fabless, IDM and semiconductor supplier companies, not sectors/product lines or foundry facilities) increased by eight MoM and decreased by one YoY.
* For the first nine months of 2011, 86 semiconductor M&A deals were announced, a 2.4 percent increase YoY.
* The third largest semiconductor M&A announced during the first nine months of 2011 took place in September when Broadcom Corp. purchased NetLogic Microsystems for $3.7 billion.