BANGALORE, INDIA: Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) has introduced a new family of integrated load switches with controlled turn-on and quick output discharge to simplify subsystem load management.
The TPS229xx family comes in an ultra-small 0.8x0.8 wafer chip scale package (WCSP) that is ten times smaller than a conventional discrete solution and supports space-constrained applications, such as portable media players, cell phones and portable navigation systems.
The TPS229xx family has the lowest ON resistance to minimize dropout through the switch compared to competing solutions. In addition, the new TI devices have a low operating voltage range from 0.9 V to 3.6 V, which enables a variety of portable applications where low-voltage specifications are becoming more popular.
* Up to 2-A maximum continuous switch current.
* Ultra-low ON resistance.
* Low quiescent current: 82 nA at 1.8V.
* Low shutdown current: 44 nA at 1.8V.
* Ultra-small WCSP package (as small as 0.64 mm2).
* Integrated slew-rate control and quick output discharge options.