BANGALORE, INDIA & USA: Texas Instruments Inc. TI) recently introduced the TPS657051, a small power management unit that supports portable consumer electronics and space-limited applications, such as webcams or heat- or noise-sensitive embedded camera modules.
Available in a 2-mm x 2-mm WCSP package, the device features two 400-mA step-down converters, a 200-mA low dropout linear regulator (LDO), and additional supporting functions.
Key features and benefits:
* Two 400-mA step-down converters.
* Up to 92 percent efficiency.
* 3.3-V to 6-V input voltage range for DC/DC converters.
* 2.25-MHz fixed frequency.
* Automatic PFM/PWM operation.
* Power Save Mode at light-load current.
* Output voltage accuracy in PWM mode +/-1.5 percent.
* General-purpose 200-mA LDO with 1.7-V to 6.0-V input voltage.
* 100 percent duty cycle for lowest dropout.
* 180 degrees out-of-phase operation.