SAN JOSE, USA: Fairchild Semiconductor will demo its latest technological advancements for mobile applications, as well as power solutions that focus on the smart grid at electronica 2010.
Held in Munich, Germany, 9-12 November, Fairchild’s booth (Hall A4, #506) will feature technology demonstrations that enable mobile connectivity and optimize energy usage in power supplies (AC/DC and DC/DC), mobile, LED lighting, motor, solar, computing, consumer and automotive applications.
Fairchild’s high-performance semiconductors help design engineers develop energy-efficient electronic applications. Fairchild is offering over 20 demos at the show covering power, mobile and packaging solutions including:
• LED lighting – This demo will provide a detailed look at our solutions like the FSFR2100. This product is a highly integrated power switch designed for high-efficiency half-bridge resonant converters.
• Power supplies – One of the many power supply demos will focus on class D audio amplifiers. We’ll display products such as the FAN6961, an 8-pin, boundary-mode, PFC controller IC intended for controlling PFC pre-regulators.
• USB switches and transceivers – At this demo our engineers will be talking about a variety of USB switches and transceivers used by the world’s leading mobile device manufacturers, including the FUSB2500. This USB transceiver features an integrated charger detect that allows detection without additional component count and offers a low power down function that puts the device in standby when functions are not in use.
• Battery Chargers – At this demo, visitors will learn about products like our recently developed FAN5400 family of USB-compliant, single-cell Li-Ion switching chargers with USB On-The-Go (USB-OTG) capabilities.
• Packaging advances – Visitors can expect to see products like our FDMS2504SDC – an N-Channel MOSFET produced using Fairchild’s PowerTrench process. Advancements in both silicon and Dual Cool package technologies have been combined to offer the lowest RDS(ON) while maintaining excellent switching performance by extremely low Junction-to-Ambient thermal resistance.
Fairchild solves difficult power management and signal path problems for leading-edge, top tier customers around the world. Our commitment to energy savings and meeting the most stringent regulations has lead to the development of innovative power and mobile solutions that maximize performance while reducing board space, design complexity and system costs.