BANGALORE, INDIA: Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) today introduced a fully-integrated load switch with typical ON resistance (rON) of 5.7-mW at 3.6-V, four times lower than the nearest competitor.
TI’s TPS22924C integrates at least four parts into one to simplify subsystem load management.
The high level of integration in an ultra-small 1.4-mm x 0.9-mm chip scale package (CSP) addresses space-constrained, battery-powered applications such as portable industrial and medical equipment, media players, point-of-sale terminals, global positioning systems (GPSs), notebooks, netbooks, and Smartphones. Download the datasheet and order samples at www.ti.com/tps22924c-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPS22924C
* Ultra-low ON resistance of 5.7-mW at 3.6-V offers minimum dropout through the pass FET.
* Input voltage range of 0.75 V to 3.6 V supports portable applications.
* 2-A maximum continuous switch current covers a wide range of currents.
* Low shutdown current of <2uA uses minimum power consumption in shutdown mode.
* The TPS22924C is the newest member of TI’s extensive load switch family. The new switch complements TI’s portfolio targeting the portable equipment market, which includes battery chargers, DC/DC converters and OMAP processors.