IRVINE, USA: Broadcom Corp. announced its next-generation Crystal HD solution that provides consumers with the most advanced, low cost, low power, high definition (HD) video playback available on a netbook.
Providing access to personal offline video and quality online HD content, such as user-generated videos, streaming movies, and online television and HD news, from a low cost, low power netbook can present a technology challenge for manufacturers.
The new Broadcom BCM70015 single chip Crystal HD enhanced media accelerator solution breaks down these netbook cost and power barriers to provide an exceptional HD video experience.
* Broadcom Crystal HD technology gives netbook users a rich multimedia experience by providing cost-effective, quality playback of HD video.
* Broadcom's BCM70015 single chip Crystal HD solution provides manufacturers with a highly integrated low power, low cost solution that addresses one of the key performance challenges on netbook platforms: quality playback of online streaming HD video.
* The BCM70015 single chip high-definition advanced media processor also:
- Provides software support for Adobe Flash Player (v10.1), Windows Media Player (v12), as well as support for other third-party media players including both commercial and open-source.
- Leverages Broadcom's proven set-top box (STB) and consumer media player technologies to provide one of the industry's best HD media playback experiences on low cost netbooks.
- Is targeted for PC/x86 applications that include the playback of streaming video, Blu-ray Disc, file-based content and broadcast (and other TV sources).
- Is perfect for low cost netbooks, but is also designed for use in notebooks as well as small form factor (SFF) and slim desktops.
- Supports standard definition (SD) and HD multi-format video decode of industry standard codecs (H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, VC-1, WMV9, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid and AVS), enabling users to enjoy a mobile media experience with no frame drops or jitter, even under a heavy CPU load.
- Is optimized for motherboard designs and is also available in the PCI Express mini-card module format.