DALLAS, USA: Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) has introduced a flexible stereo audio codec with two fully-programmable miniDSP cores to support customized processing solutions for use in soundbars and docking stations.
The PCM3070 includes a stereo 24-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC), stereo 24-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and integrated phased-locked loop (PLL) for flexible audio clock generation. The codec enables designers to produce high-quality, low-cost soundbar solutions and, coupled with the Value Soundbar Reference Design Kit, develop their products quickly.
Key features and benefits
* Integrated, programmable 32-bit miniDSP engines allow for customized processing solutions, including branded audio effects, multiband dynamic range compression, and custom filters and algorithms.
* SRS WOW HD, included as a standard feature at no additional cost to customers, improves the playback quality of audio, delivering a dynamic 3D entertainment experience with deep, rich bass and high frequency clarity for crisp detail.
* Near-term roadmap plans will provide interested customers with an upgrade path to include SRS TruVolume and/or SRS TruSurround HD through direct licensing arrangements with SRS Labs Inc.
* Highly integrated solution, including 24-bit stereo DAC, 24-bit stereo ADC, and integrated PLL simplifies system design and reduces bill of materials.
* Single-supply power system can run from 1.8 V to 3.6 V.
The PCM3070 is available now in a 5-mm x 5-mm 32-pin QFN package, priced at $2.95 in quantities of 1,000.
The PCM3070 is a core component of TI's Value Soundbar Reference Design Kit. This highly integrated solution is optimized to deliver 30 percent lower cost than a discrete solution, and helps designers get to market in approximately eight weeks. In addition to the PCM3070, the open-tool reference design board includes TI's DIR9001 digital audio receiver, PCM2705 USB DAC, TPA3110D2 Class-D amplifier, and MSP430F2131 ultra low power microcontroller. The kit includes the board, schematics, gerber files, bill of materials, user manual and software.
The Value Soundbar Reference Design kit is available now, priced at $399.