BANGALORE, INDIA: Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) introduced a family of 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) packaged in a leadless QFN measuring 2.0 x 1.5 x 0.4 mm – 70 percent smaller than the nearest competition.
In addition to significant system space savings, the ADS1115 family provides product options for scalable integration to reduce component count and simplify design.
This family supports battery monitoring, portable instrumentation, industrial process control, smart transmitters, medical instrumentation and other industrial and consumer systems. For more product information, see www.ti.com/ads1115-pr.
"Analog customers require ever higher functionality and performance without sacrificing system size and power in order to take their products to the next level," said Art George, senior vice president of TI’s High-Performance Analog business unit.
"By reducing size by 70 percent and delivering a complete family of integration and resolution options, the ADS1115 will help designers achieve a smaller system footprint, lower power, higher performance and easy design implementation."
Apoorva Awasthy, Business Development Manager, Analog, Texas Instruments India, said: "Designed for precision, power efficiency and ease of implementation, the ADS1115 family performs conversions at programmable data rates up to 860 samples per second (SPS), consuming just 150 µA (typical) of supply current and operating down to 2 V.
"The ADS1115 is the most highly integrated member of the new family, incorporating an oscillator, low-drift reference, programmable gain amplifier, comparator and four-channel input multiplexer into a tiny package. This family also includes 12-bit versions for increased flexibility. We see a lot of potential for this product in India."
Key features and benefits
* Ultra-tiny, leadless QFN (RUG) package (2.0 x 1.5 x 0.4 mm) for unmatched system space savings.
* Complete family with product options for scalable selection of on-chip integration reduces component count and simplifies design.
* 14x faster sampling rate supports demanding measurement requirements.
* Integrated programmable comparator simplifies system monitoring.
* Performance upgrade for embedded ADCs.
* Customers can speed time-to-market with compatible TI devices, including amplifiers (OPA333, INA333), references (REF33xx), temperature sensors (TMP102) digital isolators (ISO721), digital-to-analog converters (DAC7731, DAC856x) and ultra-low-power microcontrollers (MSP430).