IRVINE, USA: Broadcom Corp. announced that ITM, the leading ODM of Bluetooth car kit devices, has selected Broadcom's Bluetooth technology for a new line of wireless car kit products.
These new ITM products, including a version being sold by Sprint in the US, are based on the Broadcom BCM2044S single-chip ROM-based solution for Bluetooth audio products and integrate the company's innovative SmartAudio® sound and voice enhancement technology. This technology reduces problematic background noise to deliver a satisfying audio experience.
* When used properly, Bluetooth car kits allow users to engage in hands-free phone conversations by pairing with a cell phone, and providing speakerphone capabilities in the vehicle. ITM's car kit products are after-market devices that require no special wiring - they simply attach to a vehicle's sun visor and include a built-in microphone and speaker to facilitate hands-free conversation.
* The new products from ITM are the first ROM-based Bluetooth car kits in the market, taking advantage of lower bill of materials (BOM) cost when compared to competing solutions, to provide superior audio quality at price points as low as $39.99.
* Broadcom is working with other leading car kit makers on new product designs based upon the BCM2044S solution.
* ITM's hands free Bluetooth car kit products are now available at retail outlets and at selected Sprint locations nationwide.
* Broadcom's BCM2044S Bluetooth silicon and software enables the most innovative handsfree designs on the market and includes the popular SmartAudio sound and voice enhancement technology that significantly improves audio quality in noisy environments by reducing background noise, unwanted acoustic echo and wind noise.
-- SmartAudio features Broadcom's unique packet loss concealment (PLC) technology that compensates for lost data while delivering clearer digital voice communications.
-- The BCM2044S includes adequate on-board ROM to implement the SmartAudio algorithms, and provides the premium audio experience that is offered by more expensive solutions that require off-chip components (such as Flash memory or audio processing chips). The result is an advanced audio experience for consumers at competitive price points.
-- The SmartAudio platform is optimized for audio applications and enables ease-of-use for headset designs and field proven interoperability.
* Broadcom Bluetooth audio technology can be found in innovative, high volume headset products, and the world's largest manufacturers of consumer electronics, mobile phones and personal computer products use Broadcom Bluetooth technology to provide their customers with a unique, intuitive and rich user experience, increasingly free of wires and cables.